3 Star Trainer
A fully experienced two star instructor who is able to take responsibility for the direction of diving instructor’s schools to educate all levels of divers and instructors and specialist schools
- Must hold a 2* Trainer certificate.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Special educational experience must be gained by taking the 2nd * Trainer Certificate, probably including experience at Regional or National level.
- It is not considered that this level will be reached after a fixed educational content, but rather as a result of experience acquired over an extended period and the integration of a wide variety of conditions and requirements.
- The trainer must have a thorough knowledge of all the issues covered in the diver and instructor schools up to this level and be able to teach in detail all the theoretical and practical aspects of these schools.
- They should also be able to apply the teaching skills and experience on issues that are not part of a standard school.
- In "continuous assessment 'system the above knowledge and skills will be assessed during the school and the degree will only awarded if the instructor is appraised to have reached the required level.
- If the "testing" system is used then the final assessment should verify the trainer's ability to perform the following in any diving conditions.